FAQ: Frequently asked questions
1. Why the same product presents different codes?
We can use different codes to better identify some specification of the product and to offer a better service.
The most frequent cases are:
• identify the machine on which the product is manufactured, in order to easily identify the production lot in case of product control.
• Modification of the envelope (graphic, size, type, etc.).
• Replacement of worn or deformed printing plates.
3. How can I get a quotation?
You can request quotes contacting us by telephone, by writing to the dedicated mailbox email@example.com or by filling in our form.
5. How much is the minimum order?
For standard products there is not a minimum order quantity, it is enough to purchase at least 250 € (VAT excluded). For the special items, the minimum depends on the product: please, contact us for more information.
7. How long does I take to receive my order?
Usually you can receive our standard products within 3 working days, as they are available in the warehouse. For all the other items, the delivery time depends on the product.
All the manufactures use the work shifts system and, at the end of each phase, there may be a lower or higher amount of pieces produced than expected. It is universally accepted a variation (tolerance) of about 10% more or less than the requested quantity.
11. What’s Mater-Bi®?
Mater-Bi®® is a family of plastics developed, patented and produced by Novamont, containing renewable resources of agricultural origin. They are biodegradable and compostable; furthermore, they guarantee the same strength and sealing than the traditional plastic products.
13. What is compostable? What is composting and how it works?
A material is compostable if:
• It is biodegradable in composting
• It can be completely disintegrated in a treatment cycle
• It has no toxic effects and it does not release heavy metals in the compost produced at the end of the process
• It has no negative effects on the composting process.
Composting is an accelerated process of biological treatment of organic waste that happens in the composting plant, where natural biodegradation processes are optimized with the achievement of high temperatures. Organic waste are accumulated in plants where microorganisms, naturally present in the waste, biodegrade in the presence of air and organic substances, producing carbon dioxide, water, compost and heat. The heat is not easily to fade away and it causes high temperatures to accelerate the degradation reaction. At the end of the process, the residual waste are turned into compost.
15. Which is the UNI EN 13432 purpose and its criteria?
The aim of UNI EN 13432 is to define the technical requirements for packaging waste, which can be recovered with the organic fraction.
The features, as per the laboratory test, are the following:
• No toxic substances. The packaging material must not contain heavy metals or other elements reported in the rule.
• Biodegradability. The ability of the packaging material to be converted into carbon dioxide due to microorganisms, as it happens to the natural waste.
• Decomposition. The fragmentation and loss of visibility in the final compost (absence of visual contamination).
• Absence of negative effects in the final compost. The packaging material should not contaminate the compost at the end of the process, decreasing its quality.
Each of these points are necessary for the definition of a “compostable material” but alone, is not enough.
17. Does the Mater-Bi® contain polyethylene or other traditional materials?
No, Mater-Bi® ® is manufactured using only biodegradable constituents. It does not contain traditional non-biodegradable polymers.
19. Is it possible to manufacture the Mater-Bi® with traditional machines?
The Mater-Bi® material can be worked using traditional systems, with lower extrusion temperatures than the standard ones and the derived wastes can be regenerated with techniques similar to those used for plastics. Furthermore, it can be printed with water-based inks or solvents, with all the printing technologies and without other treatments. Concerning our Mater-Bi® bags, the seals are strong as the standards products ones as well as the machines speed production.
2. May I customize some products?
All our products can be customized in many ways (sizes, graphics, etc.).
Our experts are always available to study with you the most suitable product for your needs.
4. How can I send my order?
You can send orders through our dedicated mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax.
We will process the requests as soon as possible and we will send you the pertinent order confirmation.
6. How can I get my order carriage free?
To receive the order carriage free the total amount must be at least € 350, for destinations within the province of Milan, and at least € 1,000 for the rest of Italy.
8. Which are the recyclable products symbols?
The symbol of the three stylized arrows, that form an equilateral triangle, was initially adopted to indicate the plastic material. This symbol is usually combined with a number in the middle and the material abbreviation on the bottom (The abbreviation is not always present, it respects encoding UNI EN ISO1043-1: 2002, UNI EN ISO 11469: 2001 and the Decision 97/129 / EC).
10. What is biodegradability?
Biodegradability is the ability of substances and natural materials to be introduced into the natural cycles by micro-organisms assimilation.
Biodegradation is the main process through which takes place the final decomposition of the Mater-Bi®. This process needs humid, fertile and active environments as compost, soil and sediment and its speed is affected by temperature, the pH, the presence of water.
12. Has the Mater-Bi® an expiration date?
The Mater-Bi® does not expire as food. However as the traditional plastics Mater-Bi® gets old, that means that presents a progressive decay of the physical-mechanical characteristics: therefore, it is recommended to use the products in Mater-Bi® within one year after purchase.
14. Do you have some products in stock?
The products in the catalogue represent our standard offer and they are usually available in stock in our warehouse.
16. How long does it take the Mater-Bi® to start the degradation in composting conditions?
The disintegration of the Mater-Bi® in composting conditions begins after a few days and it is completed within the end of the cycle process, when the compost is ready for sale.
18. Which are the advantages of our Mater-Bi® bags?
After being used for transportation, our Mater-Bi® flyer bag can be useful for the wet waste separation and then it can be “composted” to become fertilizer. Otherwise, it can be used as a normal bag for the unsorted waste for the landfill.
20. Didn’t you find the answer you were looking for?
Please email us at email@example.com