FAQ: Frequently asked questions
1. Why the same product presents different codes?
The most frequent cases are:
• identify the machine on which the product is manufactured, in order to easily identify the production lot in case of product control.
• Modification of the envelope (graphic, size, type, etc.).
• Replacement of worn or deformed printing plates.
3. How can I get a quotation?
5. How much is the minimum order?
7. How long does I take to receive my order?
9. What’s "production tolerance"?
11. What’s Mater-Bi®?
13. What is compostable? What is composting and how it works?
• It is biodegradable in composting
• It can be completely disintegrated in a treatment cycle
• It has no toxic effects and it does not release heavy metals in the compost produced at the end of the process
• It has no negative effects on the composting process.
Composting is an accelerated process of biological treatment of organic waste that happens in the composting plant, where natural biodegradation processes are optimized with the achievement of high temperatures. Organic waste are accumulated in plants where microorganisms, naturally present in the waste, biodegrade in the presence of air and organic substances, producing carbon dioxide, water, compost and heat. The heat is not easily to fade away and it causes high temperatures to accelerate the degradation reaction. At the end of the process, the residual waste are turned into compost.
15. Which is the UNI EN 13432 purpose and its criteria?
The features, as per the laboratory test, are the following:
• No toxic substances. The packaging material must not contain heavy metals or other elements reported in the rule.
• Biodegradability. The ability of the packaging material to be converted into carbon dioxide due to microorganisms, as it happens to the natural waste.
• Decomposition. The fragmentation and loss of visibility in the final compost (absence of visual contamination).
• Absence of negative effects in the final compost. The packaging material should not contaminate the compost at the end of the process, decreasing its quality.
Each of these points are necessary for the definition of a “compostable material” but alone, is not enough.
17. Does the Mater-Bi® contain polyethylene or other traditional materials?
19. Is it possible to manufacture the Mater-Bi® with traditional machines?
2. May I customize some products?
Our experts are always available to study with you the most suitable product for your needs.
4. How can I send my order?
We will process the requests as soon as possible and we will send you the pertinent order confirmation.
6. How can I get my order carriage free?
8. Which are the recyclable products symbols?
10. What is biodegradability?
Biodegradation is the main process through which takes place the final decomposition of the Mater-Bi®. This process needs humid, fertile and active environments as compost, soil and sediment and its speed is affected by temperature, the pH, the presence of water.